• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

calculating MPG

Flyingvan911

For my M35 I fill the tank to a certain spot on the funnel bracket. I take it for a long run on the highway (say 3 or 4 hours) then refill the tank to that exact same spot. Miles driven divided by the gallons it took to refill. It won't be perfect but it will give you a pretty good idea.

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Both the LMTV's I've had opportunity to check mileage on required a gps, or roadmap, for mileage because the dash odometers read very wrong.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Even if you can't get an accurate enough MPG from one tank, they do even out over multiple tanks. If you stopped filling 10 gallons low on one tank, your MPG would be high, but on the next tank if you filled all the way up MPG will be low, and they average out.

That's interesting about the odometer being highly inaccurate though. I'm going to have to check that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks