• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Camp Delta Spring Meet at Tower Park Resort 4/18-24/2016 in California

Major Asstyrd

The big Spring meet has been the largest annual Historic Military Vehicle event in the West since 1977! It is hosted by the Military Vehicle Collectors of California. Typically 200 vehices including trailers. We take over the entire Stockton Delta KOA which is six miles west of I-5 at 14900 S.R. 12, Lodi, CA 95242. Casual vehicle show and BIG swap meet. No admission, parking, vendor, or vehicle registration fees. All vendors must rent campsites. All former military vehicles are welcome in any condition and we have free, high profile display space for day users and those staying in hotels which are six miles away. BBQ dinners, living history displays, and a special display of CUCV and LSSV trucks on Friday morning (Commercial Utility Cargo Vehicle from the 1970s-80s) with a People's Choice Contest and cash prizes! To reserve a campsite, contact the Military Vehicle Collectors of California camping coordinator Jo-Ann, at mamalesser@yahoo.com or 408-238-8277. There may be a campsite wait list. Reservations for this April meet cannot be made through KOA. We also have a smaller event the third week of September at this same place. For activities information contact John at in_garage@hotmail.com or 415-491-1601. John will also help put people together wanting to travel with MVs in a group. Details including hotel listings are at www.MVCCNews.net.

Eleguns Damon.jpgMules at Tower 08.jpgCooper shopping.jpg

I spoke with Jon. He is extremely helpful. He answered all my questions and pointed me in the right direction on a few things. I'm going to join MVCCA. Psssst.... There will be a 1968 Huey there, fully restored.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For those CUCV fans I'll have several parts available for sale including doors and fenders. I also have MV windshield glass for M35, M800, M38, M151, available. If anyone can give me 900 series dimensions, I can bring those as well. I'll be there Thursday thru Sunday at cabin #230.

Major Asstyrd

Name is spelled JOHN.

We have a money sponsor for the CUCV/LSSV showcase on Friday morning. Dave Wang from ARMYTRUCKS, INC. will make the top three vote getters in the People's Choice Contest happy people. Also one VOTER will win a cash door prize. Make sure you put your cell phone or campsite number on the ballot. It pays to VOTE for YOUR favorite! Drawing for that will be right after the showcase at 1130. Vehicle winners to be announced right after the BBQ dinner Friday evening, at the beginning of the Raffle.

Reminder that we have some driving awards at this meet:
Longest Distance Travelled
Longest Distance Driving a MV
Longest Distance Bringing a MV (towing, hauling, duh)
Hard Luck Award

There will be sign up sheets posted by the restrooms and at the MVCC info and Quartermaster tables. We are not mind-readers! Please enter even if you don't think you will win. We will acknowledge more than the winner in each category. Awards are nice certificates presented at the beginning of the MVCC Membership Meeting scheduled for 0930 at the Pavilion. We have never tried to get actual prizes for this but if a commercial vendor wants to step up this week we will mention them in the Official Activities Schedule that is posted plus is given to campers upon check in. Also will mention the sponsor in the meeting.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Not bragging but I am. I got the longest distance award twice, around 1200 miles each way.

Great event. Wish I could come this year.

Major Asstyrd

Not bragging but I am. I got the longest distance award twice, around 1200 miles each way.

Great event. Wish I could come this year.
And driving a MV too. Hardcore. At least now someone else can win. Our showcase this year is right up your alley.

You coming to the MVPA convention out here in August?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks