• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can anyone Identify this test vehicle?

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Railroad for sure, possibly for ultrasound testing of rails. Can't use metal wheels near them distorts the return echo. Or could be for subway tunnel survey work with the plates on their sides like that.

Where did you find the pic?

BillabongKong

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Found it in a Facebook group.
Posted by an interesting fellow who went on to develop pedal cars for abandoned railroad tracks.
Here was his answer after letting us guess for 24 hours.....

Or should I wait as the original author did and give a few more a chance to guess......or know... what it is used for? The answers given thus far are close but not correct.

Last edited:

D6T

It’s a remote-controlled (note the VHF low band antenna) holder for rail-based targets.

Here’s some info on the manufacturer:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
It’s a remote-controlled (note the VHF low band antenna) holder for rail-based targets.

Here’s some info on the manufacturer:

Wow!! Moving Infantry Target... The little "train looking" part that supports the target. Really Cool. I imagine these folks could get really creative with tracks that could cause the target to fade away or come near. Definitely a good way to train folks who have never had the experience to survive an encounter!

Imagine that a hit high on the "dummy" scores accordingly and off to the left or right etc. Nice!

Moving Infantry Target.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks