• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Canadian ferret 54-82589

Ferretboy

Hello to all you ferret owners...I've had 589 for 32+ years...you can look at all my old posts to see some photos....some people love them...some don't...nothing is perfect...most say they are hard to work on...isn't everything? Its my hobby...she is my little girl...found out she has some cool service history...love to collect all your photos....take good care of anything you find ...post all photos you can....love it.....Ferret On !!!!

81turbota

I would love to see your pictures, ferret boy. I just finished reading Ferrets in Canadian Service, I love the “big joe” registration on the cover.

Ferretboy

Well those photos are 1990 or so...that was at s.e.c.o. agusta ga. They cleaned out the place.....all those ferrets went to scrap....cut up melted down.... You may be driving a Toyota or have a dishwasher made from them.....so 😢

Ferretboy

Well that's why I always say...keep all your old parts....you can find some things...but it's going to cost you....some parts you can't find....some people go for a modification...I have to make a reproduction part some times....there are parts from other British vehicles that are standard...but still high dollar.....best to all....if I can give any help or info....I'm here.

Ferretboy

I was offered a deal on buying all the ferrets....but shipping and getting them off the trailers .....I kick myself now....they were the bottom of the barrel...the last Canadian ferrets left....parts vehicles.....but I wish now that I could have saved them....maybe some were....don't know.

81turbota

I was offered a deal on buying all the ferrets....but shipping and getting them off the trailers .....I kick myself now....they were the bottom of the barrel...the last Canadian ferrets left....parts vehicles.....but I wish now that I could have saved them....maybe some were....don't know.

Likely not any worse than this one. I’d have to pass on saving this one given the opportunity.

589 and 617 look great. 617 is likely still fine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks