• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Captured WWI German Artillery.

54reo

While I was recovering the last M105A2, I decided to take a short detour.

I have been past this particular VFW several times, but haven't stopped since I was a kid. Shot a few pictures for you all, I figured some of the guys here might appreciate them.

Sign says it is a "Fried Krupp" 15 cm Field Gun and it's associated Barrel Carrier. The smaller gun is a 1913 vintage Howitzer.

Very neat WWI captured German artillery. Unfortunately, I don't know any of the back story as to how they got here. Perhaps someone here may know?

Attachments

OLDCHEV4X4

Cool. When i'm traveling i always stop at VFW's or court houses etc. Thats what the stuf is there for, us to look at. The kids think its cool, and the wife just rolls her eye's.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
great pictures. With a lttle PB blaster you could have those guns shooting in no time

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Larger one is a 150mm Kanone 16. Entered service in 1917. Some given to Belgium after WWI for reparations. A small number were produced as late as 1941. Was used in small numbers during WWII. The wagon carried the barrel. Even a more rare piece since the wagon and the complete canon are there.

The other is the 150mm schwere Feldhaubitze 13. Range was 8900 meters. It was also used by Belgium and Holland after WWI from reparations. Some were still around in WWII and used for training and coastal defense.

54reo

Here are some more of the same.

CARNAC, thanks for the information!

Other than the wood spokes on the Barrel Carrier, they appear to be in decent shape considering the age.

Attachments

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Yep, those need some preservation work for sure.

Saw 5 cannons from 5 different wars in Ft Totten, NY a few years back. They were in a lot worse shape and some of theirs were from as late as desert storm. The environment sure makes a difference since Totten right on the Ocean (salt water air).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks