• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Car ("Truck") covers for a 5 ton

Lonnie

Started looking for a "car" cover for my truck since it will not fit in my garage.

Has anyone found a good way to cover their vehicle to protect it from the elements?

I looked at some tarps & most are cheap junk that may not last the winter or $1000 for something quality that is big enough to completely cover it up. I also did not like the fact that a tarp holds moisture & can cause rusting if not properly ventilated.

I started looking & discovered RV covers that come in many lengths & are good for about 10ft high.
Seems like a good alternative for a reasonable price... many are water repellent breathable fabric with hold downs.
I also thought this will keep the sun from fading my new camo top in the summer.

Any good ideas?

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you looking to cover the entire truck or just the cab? I keep a OD canvas tarp over my cab to keep the weather out and keep the roof from fading. It works pretty well and cost about $60. The canvas tarp has weathered far better than I imagined, even after a summer under the GA sun.

To keep snow off my vehicles I used a parachute. It worked well in AK, but that was with dry snow. In the morning before work I just pulled the 'chute off and had a clean truck. In wet cold where the snow thaws and freezes (probably like PA) I don't think a parachute would work at all. The fabric might freeze to the vehicle.

Lonnie

Since I plan to put a bed & canopy on this truck, I want to be able to cover the whole thing. Plus keeping the sun off the tires will help to prevent any premature dry rot.

I don't want my paint to get dull...lol.

If I get a lift, I can double stack some cars & possibly make it fit in the garage, but that will not happen until summer.
Ran out of time this year.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks