• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Carb rebuild for Alvis Stalwart Mark II

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unless you are literally stranded on the road, do not use HELP! in your thread title.

Stalwart

You probably bought one of the ones I GAVE AWAY last year. Did you buy the one on CL? If so you need a lot more than a few parts! I dont have carb rebuild kits, only new carbs.

Stalwart

Do NOT use the choke! Did you get all the water out of the engine? I have to check how many I have, I still have a Stalwart. Yup, that was one of mine, I still have the import paperwork and Washington State Title.

Stalwart

I do have some Dowty jet drives and I think bevel boxes to drive them. Also a complete Stalwart with the quietest jet drives I've ever heard. I'll have to check my spares when I get home.

rickm

my son purchased a 1969 alvis stalwart with no engine. we plan to install a 6 cylinder diesel. when we went to load it the front two axles are locked. the rear axles had been removed. the imput shaft was sheared off. is this a common issue with these vehicles and any idea of the cause? its beginning to look like it may be headed to the scrapper.

Stalwart

Good luck with the Diesel install, be sure to covert the engine to dry sump so you can get the engine centerline low enough. It doesn't have axles but wheel stations with drive shafts. Unless abused they aren't prone to locking up or breaking. Looks like yours was abused or neglected.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks