• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cargo rails

diverman555

In Memorial
In Memorial
Does anyone know what the length of the side rails for the cargo cover bows are
for the M 923. The rails that connect to the corners are 45 IN"
When I slide the side rails in they are different heights like there is something in the holes to raise them, but I can't see anything. There is 14" difference in height from the front one and back ones to the middle ones. The front and back one, I can walk under but the middle ones I have to bend over so I don't hit my head, and I am 5'9" tall. Do I need to put a spacer in the middle ones to make them taller? Will the cargo cover fit with them tall.
Thanks

eagle4g63

I would take a broom handle or a piece of conduit(copper water pipe) and slide it down each hole..........sounds like you might have something in a few of them. The wood rots off pretty easy and could have a piece down in a few of them.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look down in the holes with a flashlight.

M813A1

In the front and rear corners there are pins that slide out to lower you side staves down into the pockets then slide the pins back in to hold the troops seat staves in place . check the outside of the corner pockets and check for the security pins

Last edited:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
FYI, the sides are called staves. Staves, corners and bows are the common names.

Yep, check to see if you have pins for securing the sides keeping them up. Are you using wood or fiberglass?

diverman555

In Memorial
In Memorial
staves

Thanks Carnac
I have been calling them all kinds of things, because I didn't know what they were called.
Mostly I called them those thingy's that hold the corners up.LOL
Thanks

Last edited:

diverman555

In Memorial
In Memorial
staves

In the front, there are 2 about a foot apart do you put one in all the holes? if so I will be 1 set of staves short. anyone know where I can get 2 staves?
for the M923?
Thank you everyone
Mark

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The correct name of the parts should be listed in a -P TM.

Installation (with pics) should be in the -10TM.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most trucks only have one set in the front pocket and none in the one next to it maybe 2 foot away. You can add one as an extra support. I got the idea off gl as I noticed some trucks occasionally also had the spare set in the pics. I did so because I have tons of leaves fall on mine as my truck is parked under a huge sweet gum and all the nice rain in New Orleans. They are the same just like the others for any 5 ton m800 or m939.

diverman555

In Memorial
In Memorial
cargo cover

you just have to rub it in about the nice warm weather while were freezing our tails off, up here, don't you Juan.LOL
I guess I will fun a bolt into the side rail holder to get them all the same size. That will fix the problem with height and all will be secured in place.
I will get some 1"x2" aluminum
Thanks guys
Mark

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I feel for all my friends up North East especially the folks in NJ and NY. I understand and hope a speedy recovery for you. My thoughts and prayers to all in the Sandy mess.

Several trucks being parted out in the classifieds. you might find a set there.

BTW, nice car and driver! fat lady sings

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks