• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Catastrophic tire failure?

CONJIN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is this what will lead to catastrophic tire failure? Tires have 100% tread, but it's obvious that it sat in one place for a long time. The small cracks are in only one area of the tire, where it would be bulging out at the bottom. 2 tires are 2004 and 2 are 2008. I'm guessing they should be replaced. Thoughts? 20220731_133329.jpg20220731_172444.jpg

CONJIN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Almost looks like it set deflated for a while. What does the other side look like?
Almost looks like it set deflated for a while. What does the other side look like?
The inside of the tires don't have any cracks and the tires on the other side don't have cracks at all. Now I'm thinking that the sun always hit the one side of the truck but not the other. Or the tires sat deflated on that side. All tires hold air though. It sat for a month here while I was away and they were all still at full pressure.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
The inside of the tires don't have any cracks and the tires on the other side don't have cracks at all. Now I'm thinking that the sun always hit the one side of the truck but not the other. Or the tires sat deflated on that side. All tires hold air though. It sat for a month here while I was away and they were all still at full pressure.
I hate to agree with scrapping what looks like some pretty nice tires, but a blowout at highway speeds is bad news. Especially on the front axle. Your life and whatever might be close to you could be in danger. In other words, you might check out earlier than you might have otherwise...

Highway speeds heat the tires as you roll down the road, then it happens to be a really hot day, and when it pops you will be hot and miserable on the side of the road - rather than in your driveway or back yard. Assuming all that happens is rapid deflation.

CONJIN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hate to agree with scrapping what looks like some pretty nice tires, but a blowout at highway speeds is bad news. Especially on the front axle. Your life and whatever might be close to you could be in danger. In other words, you might check out earlier than you might have otherwise...

Highway speeds heat the tires as you roll down the road, then it happens to be a really hot day, and when it pops you will be hot and miserable on the side of the road - rather than in your driveway or back yard. Assuming all that happens is rapid deflation.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Not worth the risk.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
They may even give some small cash or a free energy drink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gave one gym a 1600, on a wheel with no air. The 1600 was filled with concrete I had left over from concrete slab. I dropped it off with my wrecker. It's been Iaying in the same spot I left it for 4yrs.

Guess Noone wants a hernia that bad.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks