• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CCKW Wrecker in New Boston, Texas

saddamsnightmare

August 27th, 2008.

:lol: Gentlemen:

If anyone's been looking for a CCKW wrecker to restore or part out, there's one a mile east of the New Boston, Texas junction between U.S.82 and I-30 on the north side of I-30. It sits in the brush next to a garage with a newer pickup truck out front.... maybe only a parts truck, but it looks to be all there, just coated with surface rust....
I don't know who owns it, but I am fairly certain they would likely be willing to talk, and in any case CCKW wreckers can't be that common 60 years after "The War". I know MAddawg's going have fun with the "Needs Photos' button, but I was travelling without my camera when I saw it out of the corner of my eye.... I verified what it was on the way back.

Happy hunting for you WWII types....

Sincerely,

Kyle F. McGrogan

1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" Desert Storm and Vietnam Veteran Deuce
1968 Johnson Corp M105A2 trailer, cargo
1967 Hercules MEP023A Gas Gen Set APU
1963 Swiss Army Cargo Unimog, S.404.114.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks