• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Changed secondary fuel filters... no fuel flow

CanonNinja

Guessing either my intank pump is shot, or I have the wrong filters... not getting any flow into the lines with the truck power on, but then agian I didnt fill them before putting them back on... but with accessory power on, I dont hear or feel anything coming from the fuel tank, so I'm taking that as a bad sign.. Ideas? I'd like to get this truck running ASAP before my Homeowners Assoc. sends me a fine for having the truck here all week :oops:

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you open the bleeder valve? Does your intank pump work? If it does, crack the bleeder valve, turn on the ACCY switch, the bowls will fill with fuel, and your truck should start.

Also, if your intank pump doesnt work, check the fuse on it.. It's the only fues on the truck. Located on the outside of the tank, right where the wires plug in. Has 2 or 3 nuts on it. Unscrew them, check the fuse... Replace if bad. If it's not bad, check for 24V to the pump, if thats good, then your pump is bad. Replace it..

CanonNinja

emmado22 said:
Did you open the bleeder valve? Does your intank pump work? If it does, crack the bleeder valve, turn on the ACCY switch, the bowls will fill with fuel, and your truck should start.
thats what I did, and after a good 90 seconds, still didnt get anything in the lines/bowls :(

mucekok

check that fuse, and hope it is the problem!!! those pumps will set you back. WAY back! i just used my last good in tank pump on this new truck, but do have two of the aftermarket external pumps in my stash of goodies...

acetomatoco

Check for 24 volts at the pump hookup on top of tank with accy switch on.. check the fuse.... 2 amps by the way.....If your intank pump is not running, just get a pump off a Heater or the right side tank of a 5 ton and splice it into the pickup and hook up the wire to the original pump wire and away you go... The intank pump is a circulation pump gets fuel to the injector pump so it can do its job...if you system is tight and primed the truck will run without the circulation pump... shame on you if you changed the secondary and final filters without changing out the primary one.. the most important one... it separates the big solids and the water from your fuel so you won't clog your secondary and final... ACE

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Located on the outside of the fuel tank, right where the wires plug in. Has 3 small nuts on it. Undo the nuts, the cap lifts off, you'll see the fuse....

CanonNinja

alphadeltaromeo said:
2 amp slow blow...can get from radio shack in their little bins :)
\

didn't go to radio shack, but picked up some AGV 3amp fuses from Oreilly's to test it out.. and low and behold, sucker's runnin now... and not to mention after new fuel/oil filters, fresh oil and the primer pump back in action, this truck runs so much better... starts smoother and JUMPS to 60psi a lot quicker... before the oil it was slow to creep to 35-40psi... sucker is ready to go another 3k miles (already put 3k on her since I bought her :shock: )

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks