• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Changing the flywheel

4STARDAD

I have been posting about swapping the Tornado to a Chevy 230 stovebolt....but that also means changing to 12volt. The real problem I have is my flywheel is chewed. Every story I read says it's a nightmare to change out. The Tornado ran ok and didn’t smoke,but more than anything my conscience doesn't want me swapping until the Tornado is absolutely dead....so,just how difficult is it to swap? Or should I just go ahead and drop in the stove bolt?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
You don't have to convert it to 12v either. Just add an eaton equalizer and it'll turn your 24v into 12v and keep the battery up for any 12v draws. They are small and reliable

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks