• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Changing tires- Best way

RedBlok

Hey guys- I have a M927 A2 with 3 tires suffering from dry rot and a leaking CTIS system. I am going to eliminate the CTIS with a kit from "Those Military Guys". I am ordering the seals for the hubs. My Mechanic and I have a couple of questions regarding - what is the best way to change the tires? Do you just split the rim, remove the old tire and replace the seal then rejoin the wheel? Or to you use levers to take the tire off? I could always just take it to a truck tire shop and have them do it.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Hey guys- I have a M927 A2 with 3 tires suffering from dry rot and a leaking CTIS system. I am going to eliminate the CTIS with a kit from "Those Military Guys". I am ordering the seals for the hubs. My Mechanic and I have a couple of questions regarding - what is the best way to change the tires? Do you just split the rim, remove the old tire and replace the seal then rejoin the wheel? Or to you use levers to take the tire off? I could always just take it to a truck tire shop and have them do it.
Take the tire off the truck. Deflate. Remove beadlock nuts, break the bead on the beadlock nut side first then the backside. Disassemble.

Replace the wheel o ring and the valve steam seal when you change tires.. depending on The beadlock nut size will depend on what o ring you need for the wheel. A2s are A PAIN to on and off the hubs in the rear. Whoever designed it wasn't changing the tire

fpchief

And dont waste your money on that crap from TMG CTIS kit. Dont need it. take ctis stuff off rims, use RTV to plug holes up front and take one of the rear valves to your local hardware and get a plug for rear hubs. I had thought it was 3/4 boss but that was not what mine was....and unplug box on shifter.

charlesmann

For taking the assy. off the rear axles, i first used 3/4” black pipe, slid over the studs and could walk it off. I had 2 solid rods drilled/tapped for the stud and threaded them on but it didnt work as well as the black pipe.
It took me about 15 min to rmv and reinstall a rear assy. after putting it on backwards.
as for ctis, i went to a hyd shop and got 4 plugs that are an oring boss. He said the plugs a 3/4” british type threading.

image.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks