• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Changing tires from 9.00-20 39.5" to 12R 20 44" singles

gingwhaa

I did this in summer here in Norwest WA. A maintenence friend gave me used tires. I made a bead breaker out of a vw jetta bumper and changed them all to singles. I like them for height and rpm loss at 60 mph. Power stayed same to me. Tire and wheel weight is about the same (believe it or not) A 12R 20 Xz is 160 lbs. 9.00-20 is about half. One tire had a live .223 blank I set off with a punch by accident. Anyway, after doing wheelbearing preloads and brake adjustments It all worked pretty good. Bought radial tubes but I used the bias flaps. Hope that wasn't a big mistake. I think if I just parade it should be ok. Spare still fits in stock place too, but is close to driveline... These are the MAX width allowed, as stated on the stock rims.IMG_20221209_082632[1].jpgIMG_20221209_083024[1].jpgIMG_20221209_082659[1].jpgIMG_20221209_083254[1].jpg I have a pic of the 9.00 titan next to the xz tire. On the rear I just doubled up the nuts on the studs from the duals. James bond style...

gingwhaa

Yeah I bought the Stallion model. I think some of the wiring might be chinese crap though. The electrical covers faded fast and it just has that look. The main wire it comes with reaches the B+ on the starter pretty good. Put a 500 amp fuse in. The motor seems ok, but I think even Warn parts are chinese now...

rustystud

Yeah I bought the Stallion model. I thing some of the wiring might be chinese crap though. The electrical covers faded fast and it just has that look. The motor seems ok, but I think even Warn parts are chinese now...
As long as the winch works OK, who cares where it was made. The price is good too.
I've been meaning to buy one myself.

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
His hubs are flipped.

I'm glad to see someone else running halogen 1kW landing lights.

The LED folks just can't fathom what real light output is. The kind that sets cardboard on fire in seconds...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks