• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Charging issue

Shankster

I have a 1990 m925a2 and it will not charge. All I get is 24.3 no matter what I do. Batteries are new and the generator has ben replaced at some point. The other day it did this and if I grounded the mounting bolts to the generator it woud charge and I thought I found the problem with the battery cables going thru the floor but I guess not. Any help greatly appreciated

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
First thing to check is if the small wire at the alternator is getting excite voltage when the ignition is turned on.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the alternator is properly grounded, and the little excite wire has 24 volts going to it with the ignition on, and the heavy gauge wire has 24 volts as well, the alternator needs overhaul or replacement.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks