• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cheep easy portable pump i made

goatijoe

I have made a easy pump set up for wmo or atf. Here all i used for it was a air powered pump from harbor freight $80, 2 goldnrod filter housings from northern tool $40 apiece, 1 golden rod mesh strainer $18, 2 3/4in. x1.5 in. pipe $3 apiece, 1 3/4in. x male hosepipe thread $4, 1 50ft. hose pipe $10, and a hosepipe valve $2 all pipe, hose, and fitting from lowes. Start with putting the pump together, thread one nipple into the pump and a filter housing, then thread nipple in to the next housing, hosepipe fitting next then to to hose pipe and the valve on the end. The first filter housing take the filter out of it and replace it with the strainer that you bought and keep the filter for a spar for the other housing. This set up works great with air off the deuce its a bit slow or even faster off a compressor. All the stuff is only 200 bucks that is only 2 tanks of fuel and its paid for. A plus for me i have a unlimited supply of watf or wmo so i don't have a worry with having to buy it. I will in the next coming days to get a picture of it all set up and working next time i go get some oil with it. :grd:

Attachments

Katahdin

Interesting, hadn't see that pump yet. I have the other harbor freight air pump that displaces liquid by pressurizing the container at low pressures. This pump has a mechanical piston that operates at 90 psi doesn't need a pressure vessel.

DeucesWild11

Great setup. Can't wait to see the pics thanks! I just scored a great lead on a guy that does oil changes for generators.. Got 30 gallons so far.. That stuff is clean!!!

srodocker

i use that pump to pump through a 5 micron and a 10 micron filters. the 10 micron is a water seperator. ran that for 2 years now im going to be going to version 2.0 shortly...

goatijoe

Firefighterhill Yea i thin out the tank with a few gallons of gas about 5-10 gallons make it about as thin as desiel
Katahdin I started off using that pump becuse it was in 55 gal drums and it was scarry and i took it back and got that one and it would not push the oil thou the filters.
Srodocker whats going to be verson 2.0

If yall are wondering why i used a screen filter first was to get the large sludge and metal shavings in the oil with out having to keep buying filters. i use to work for a company that did oil and that is like the set up they used for filtering oil out I just downsized it and smaller microns on filters.

srodocker

make sure you put a air regulator as that pump pushes some air and blew out my water separator a ton of times...stupid bowl separators....thats why version 2.0 is going to be 10x better

DeucesWild11

Here is what I start with. 400 down to 75mic into the drum, the pail has the bottom cut out obviously. Duda Diesel has these and they're cheap! I let gravity do the dirty work. Gets water out too!, the water just sits on top.

Attachments

srodocker

nice call! i was trying to figure out how to pump it into the trailer through a gravity filter. then its going to be filtered into 2 mounted barrels with barrel heaters. so 110gal ready to go and can pump as needed.

Josh

Ive been using that HF pump for 2+ years now. I had one die under warrenty and got another and have yet to have any issues with it. I use a F/W seperator from napa P# 3418, that screws into a base and have yet to have it "blow out". I can tell when it gets clogged as the pump slows down and will eventually pop the filter element, but it has yet to break the metal casing on the filter. Filters run about 12-25 bucks each depending on the day and person I deal with.

Also, I run like a 90/10 mix of WMO/diesel or gas. Even with the temps being around 30ish this winter I had no issues with the truck. Durring the summer its almost 100% WMO unless I dont bring enough and have to stop a fuel station.

goatijoe

O YEA!!!![thumbzup][thumbzup][thumbzup][thumbzup][thumbzup][thumbzup]:ditto: I know for a fact it will burn WMO, BATF (burnt ATF and it loves it), new gas, old stale gas, Diesel, and basically anything that is burnable. What other motors wont burn it will burn it. It will burn oil with out thinning it with out gas or diesel just easier on the lift pump and stuff. That's LDS power as gimp would say.

goatijoe

Yea just use the filter setup like mine they are well over rated from filtering and the 150psi working pressure. Id hate to see the bust pressure on them. The metal filter is washable and the others like 13 bucks to replace.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks