• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CHUCKY'S TREE HOUSE !

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like a good price to me.

Thing is, you have been driving for enough years to know when to stop. You won't be buried up to the axles before you stop digging a hole - so I think it will be plenty of winch. The winch between the steering wheel and the seat will do more work than the one on the front bumper IMHO.

I have ever quite been able to understand how some of these trucks get as deep in the slop as they do :-(
Well its lessons you have to learn the hard way as i did mine as a teenager i spent my younger life in the woods 4 wheelin and burying and for the most part didnt get hung much but we all had jeeps as kids and my best friends dad was over the motor pool in Marine Corp and taught the new guys how to drive most of the stuff they had in korea so he was our teacher ! He would take us to mud holes creeks cliffs and tell us go stick em so we would now get em out and we couldnt then he would get in them and drive them out while showing us tricks and never would he let someone hook a chain to him and he never failed to drive it out to many folks amazement and ours ! And i would be rich now if i had the money i spent in quarter car washes omg that alone is why i drive around mudholes today it takes too long to get em back clean top to bottom .

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Well its lessons you have to learn the hard way as i did mine as a teenager i spent my younger life in the woods 4 wheelin and burying and for the most part didnt get hung much but we all had jeeps as kids and my best friends dad was over the motor pool in Marine Corp and taught the new guys how to drive most of the stuff they had in korea so he was our teacher ! He would take us to mud holes creeks cliffs and tell us go stick em so we would now get em out and we couldnt then he would get in them and drive them out while showing us tricks and never would he let someone hook a chain to him and he never failed to drive it out to many folks amazement and ours ! And i would be rich now if i had the money i spent in quarter car washes omg that alone is why i drive around mudholes today it takes too long to get em back clean top to bottom .
Yes sir. Knowledge passed down from our elders...
That is how this old world operates.

ramdough

Ha…. I just had a chuckle about this. I still find mud in my Tacoma from 15 years ago. Mud is fun, but the cleanup is no longer worth it to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
My motto since my 25th birthday if you can fly it/float it /F### it/four wheel it/ RENT IT!!!!!!!!!
chucky, I think you are on to something there!

The definition of a boat is "a hole into which you pour money" .
I can tell you - from past experience - that when that boat won't go and it is rented it feels really good to just walk away (and get your money back!)

Rent it is a heck of an option IMHO.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
chucky, I think you are on to something there!

The definition of a boat is "a hole into which you pour money" .
I can tell you - from past experience - that when that boat won't go and it is rented it feels really good to just walk away (and get your money back!)

Rent it is a heck of an option IMHO.
Its the ONLY way to fly lol !!!

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's Great!
Now I guess you need to find a volunteer tree and pull your truck to it as a test.
A snatch block or two in under that winch cover - and you will be set for sure!
Need to find some soft straps that will fit under that lid as well probably have to store them in side box with 100 ft 1/2 cable extensions to reach alot further

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Need to find some soft straps that will fit under that lid as well probably have to store them in side box with 100 ft 1/2 cable extensions to reach alot further
Yes sir. And a couple of good Crosby clevis' to hook on the end of the winch cable if you need to.
Maybe a couple of rubber mats to hang on the cables at the junction and a few other points - just in case things "go south" with the cable.

ramdough

Loving the build.

Watched a Gulf War documentary last week. Reminded me of your pictures. Now I need to find a Hathcock documentary next.

Do you have a source for good straps? It seams that they are a lot more expensive than I remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Turner saddlery makes high quality exact copys of what came on usmc m-40 s in natural and black theyre called cometitive rifle slings i dont know what they cost but i know they work . Ret Col Norman Chandler (IRON BRIGADE ARMORY) (CHANDLER SNIPER) View attachment 843906View attachment 843907gave me mine when he built my M-40 A3 and a book on how to fully use a rifle sling i highly recomend it . Col Norman built alot of Carlos Hathcocks rifles over the years but he retired after his brother ROY passed away they co- authored the series of books known as DEATH FROM AFAR all about the entire journey of Marine Corp sniping and its community great set of hard back books you may still be able to find them on the net im not sure
Nice rifle!

Looks like a 5 volume set of books. Found them downloadable!

Volume1.jpg Volume2.jpg Volume3.jpg Volume4.jpg Volume5.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks