• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CHUCKY'S TREE HOUSE !

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And if you ever need a secret code name for it, the purple one could be called "Barney".
Soo... Are you bringing Barney to the party? :cool:
Your a little late on the Barney thing but i want a small decal of the ROADRUNNER to put on the left side of the receiver with his purple feather head and the logo under him sayin (BEEP BEEP) We had to quit useing the barney theme at the range when your shooting quarters at 200 yrds and singing the (I LOVE YOU YOU LOVE ME) Barney song especially while we were wearing our ghillie suits the women and kids seem to gather their stuff and leave as soon as the suits and sing beguins LMAO !

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Loving the build.

Watched a Gulf War documentary last week. Reminded me of your pictures. Now I need to find a Hathcock documentary next.

Do you have a source for good straps? It seams that they are a lot more expensive than I remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I see your from Austin is there still a little beer joint there called the BROKEN SPOKE ?

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Your a little late on the Barney thing but i want a small decal of the ROADRUNNER to put on the left side of the receiver with his purple feather head and the logo under him sayin (BEEP BEEP) We had to quit useing the barney theme at the range when your shooting quarters at 200 yrds and singing the (I LOVE YOU YOU LOVE ME) Barney song especially while we were wearing our ghillie suits the women and kids seem to gather their stuff and leave as soon as the suits and sing beguins LMAO !
I love it!!! That would have to be a lot of fun for sure.
Guess I am cheap. I use gallon milk jug tops for target.
Figure I get plenty of those and cost me a lot less than a quarter.

I do enjoy nickles with a 22 LR at around a hundred yards.
At that range they deform and often trap the projectile in the target.

----

See if you can find a picture of the roadrunner. I imagine we could cut one to shape easily enough :cool:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Black Hills black moly coated 168 gr match 7.62/51 deforms em as well
Dang right! Just a fuzz hotter than my .22LR
32 grains, roughly 1065 fps at a hundred yards, and about 85 ft pounds at a hundred yards.
Not a "lot of juice" but more than enough excitement to create a days worth of fun!

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dang right! Just a fuzz hotter than my .22LR
32 grains, roughly 1065 fps at a hundred yards, and about 85 ft pounds at a hundred yards.
Not a "lot of juice" but more than enough excitement to create a days worth of fun!
Yes Sir and a hole lot cheaper ! I suffer from acute poorness and often hallucinate that im wealthy and can afford my latest greatest idea/toy !

Last edited:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Yes Sir and a hole lot cheaper ! I suffer from acute poorness and ofter hallucinate that im wealthy and can afford my latest greatest idea/toy !
Kinda like my 50 Barrett M82. Had to have it. Had to have the longest barrel I could find.
I really love shooting it, but I cry like a white mouth mule when I buy a crate of ammo.
My wallet stays wet for days...

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kinda like my 50 Barrett M82. Had to have it. Had to have the longest barrel I could find.
I really love shooting it, but I cry like a white mouth mule when I buy a crate of ammo.
My wallet stays wet for days...
LOL thats funny but when you bought it you a had a perfectly sound reason to have a 50 bmg and it would bring world peace and make the flowers bloom again ! Right ? yea youve got it too

ramdough

I see your from Austin is there still a little beer joint there called the BROKEN SPOKE ?
I think it is still there. I have not been in 20 years though. I live out in the country, so I don’t drive into town unless I have to. It rarely is worth the hassle. I put Austin as my location because that is the closest recognizable city (for non-Texans).

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think it is still there. I have not been in 20 years though. I live out in the country, so I don’t drive into town unless I have to. It rarely is worth the hassle. I put Austin as my location because that is the closest recognizable city (for non-Texans).

Copy that did you see the reply on Turner saddlery (competitive rifle sling)

ramdough

Copy that did you see the reply on Turner saddlery (competitive rifle sling)
Yeah, unfortunately I only have funds for one project at a time, so my truck is all I have time to mess with right now. Some day I will get back to shooting. With everything so expensive, and I am so cheap, It may be a while still.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Yeah, unfortunately I only have funds for one project at a time, so my truck is all I have time to mess with right now. Some day I will get back to shooting. With everything so expensive, and I am so cheap, It may be a while still.

Glad to know it isn't just me. Prices are ridiculous and I am not sure that it will go back down.
I am committed to a hundred rounds a week though. Unlikely to forget how, but practice is well worth the time effort.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad to know it isn't just me. Prices are ridiculous and I am not sure that it will go back down.
I am committed to a hundred rounds a week though. Unlikely to forget how, but practice is well worth the time effort.
Its a deteriorating sport but i sit on my ammo like its gold and keep it cool and dry and at this point its just there for the worse case scenario .

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Its a deteriorating sport but i sit on my ammo like its gold and keep it cool and dry and at this point its just there for the worse case scenario .
Agreed. Hoping not to need them for their real purpose.
I keep mine in sealed drums in air conditioning.
That is about as good as it can be for now.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ummmm... Did we have an AwSh## Moment?
That truck looks awful close to the back of your BGT (Big Green Truck)
Its not that close ive been on a folding ladder on my tailgate so i could get where i needed to be to cut and drill the doors i just used a rattle can till i need to mix up a whole gun full of paint for other stuff then i will shoot it to match !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks