• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CHUCKY'S TREE HOUSE !

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ya something like that but much bigger. Didn't even get off the clutch with the FJ40. View attachment 852237
Your truck must have been feeling a bit RANDY and decided to mount this little philly at the red light ! Your gona have to let him get out and socialize with civilian vehicles more he gets tired of the same ole O.D. GREEN !

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Took all the truck batteries out of truck and brought them in the shop to individually charge this past weekend with my noco g7200 charger and i ve got one that after being in repair mode 2 or 3 times it show like 11.52 resting and my harbour reight load tester isnt big enough to test these batteries if i keep recharging over and over will this battery ever come back to life the other one all went thru the repair mode good and rest at 12.9 to 13 are there any way to test the low battery with a multimeter to learn anymore about its condition IMG_1747.PNGIMG_1747.PNG

roverchef

Took all the truck batteries out of truck and brought them in the shop to individually charge this past weekend with my noco g7200 charger and i ve got one that after being in repair mode 2 or 3 times it show like 11.52 resting and my harbour reight load tester isnt big enough to test these batteries if i keep recharging over and over will this battery ever come back to life the other one all went thru the repair mode good and rest at 12.9 to 13 are there any way to test the low battery with a multimeter to learn anymore about its condition View attachment 853869View attachment 853869
Put it on a standard charger (2-10amp) over night. Let it cool off for a few hours and then hit it with 40amp for and hour and then let it rest for a while and check it. Do you have any way of seeing amp hrs on your meter? I never really trust voltage for telling the life of a battery. I've seen 13-14v resting with shit for amp hrs left in it before.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Put it on a standard charger (2-10amp) over night. Let it cool off for a few hours and then hit it with 40amp for and hour and then let it rest for a while and check it. Do you have any way of seeing amp hrs on your meter? I never really trust voltage for telling the life of a battery. I've seen 13-14v resting with shit for amp hrs left in it before.
This little noco will only make 7,2 i think in pulse mode i have an old century 200amp charger i can dig out and there is a 40 amp setting on it i remember will it be alright to hook to these agms or do the trick where you hook to battery Awith charger and hook battery cables from batt A to battery B TO TRICK THE AGM INTO TAKING THE CHARGE?

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh and i have no idea how to read amp hours ive got a fluke meter but i know very little about how to use it except to read ac or dc but

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Oh and i have no idea how to read amp hours ive got a fluke meter but i know very little about how to use it except to read ac or dc but
I too have a fluke meter and no idea how to measure amp hours.

Also have a Fluke LAN Meter that cost about 25k when I bought it. It reads like a TDR when you want to measure fiber or copper on Ethernet or Token Rink or Coax or Twinax. Half of those things most people don't know a thing about... OR you can insert it into a network and watch the traffic. Lots O Features, but none that do anything for batteries...

And all Flukes aren't created equal for sure!

Rhino 5/4

I too have a fluke meter and no idea how to measure amp hours.

Also have a Fluke LAN Meter that cost about 25k when I bought it. It reads like a TDR when you want to measure fiber or copper on Ethernet or Token Rink or Coax or Twinax. Half of those things most people don't know a thing about... OR you can insert it into a network and watch the traffic. Lots O Features, but none that do anything for batteries...

And all Flukes aren't created equal for sure!

this looks to be what you are needing, or something similar. not sure how many amp hours your batteries are supposed to be good for so may not be big enough. There seems to be a science with batteries especially in the solar and emergency prep world that I am not familiar with.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I guess 4 gal would be more than enough for my little Humvee and shelter, what did you do to prep, with all the rivets on the HMMWV sanding does not sound like the way to go.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I guess 4 gal would be more than enough for my little Humvee and shelter, what did you do to prep, with all the rivets on the HMMWV sanding does not sound like the way to go.
Most important thing about these military trucks is dont sand anything till you have a really good paint mask to wear cause if this sanded carc paint gets in your lungs is really bad juju ! And if your not trying to turn a sows ear into a silk purse just get a handful of scotchbrite pads and hand rub the whole truck wash that off do it again wash it off let it dry in the sun 70 to 80 degrees mix 4 parts rapco 383 to 1 part laquer thinner so 1 gallon paint makes 5 quarts of usable paint is what i did !

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I worked for 3 days (thats one regular day to anyone else) and put the aluminum backed heat/db sheild on the ceiling and back wall. Then glued 8yrds of gray indoor/outdoor thin carpet from lowes to a couple of sheets of 1/4 plywood and fliped them over and glued the chrome bubble rap insulation to the other side . Then stripped the cargo boxes and wall panels out and went to town ! And this was the result of climbing in and out of that cab 200 times . Im probably do the door panels this weekend so it all matches !IMG_1977.JPGIMG_1979.JPGIMG_1974.JPG

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks