• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Civy trailer hitch for 915/916/920

Bighurt

Seen it (or version there of), thanks for the reminder to build it.

Awesome!

Thinking about this more, would it make sense to make it capable of more than just a single ball? Like say use a 2-1/2" reciever tube. I'm thinking about making mine now...

Last edited:

Hooty481

Do the bolts in the top plate bolt to the frame or do they clamp to the frame with another piece of steel that can't be seen.

The look is excellent but I would want to be able to remove it as quick as a 2" receiver

Danl

Danl M915A1

that is real nice set up, but what are you doing about the 24 volts back ther? I'm haveing a hard time to get a break controller to work,

Hooty481

I haven't had the need for the brake controller yet but I will run a pig tail from the civy plug behind the and run the wire inside the rails to the rear of the truck where I can plug in the bumpber hitch trailer.

Danl

Danl M915A1

Is there a civy plug some were on the truck that I don't know about? The Break controller, I'm told that I can buy one that is 24 volts, I haven't found one yet. The 12 volt one . I got 12 volts from the bat. box .that went good. the low bed breaks can take 24 volts. What goes wrong is the break switch on the air line, when I steped on the breaks that switch sent 24 volts to the controller,inorder to send a charge to the break mag, It all met in the controller and I got nothing but smoke, from the controller. now the controller is done in . How would you cut down the volts from the break light switch to the controller, and still have 24 volts to the break lights??

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks