• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cleaned fuse box on M1009, shorted out glow plug system.

Gunfreak25

I am an idiot. While I had the fuse block apart on the firewall I forgot to disconnect the batteries. I took a wire brush to the connections to go and clean then and poof got a few light sparks. Anyway, since I did that my GP relay no longer cycles on and the wait light doesn't come on. I've checked the fuses, all good. I pulled the card and see no burned diodes. But I'm guessing I probably fried the card. I need help asap as I have work at 5am and no other way to get there!! Yes I downloaded the troubleshoot guide. I'm reading it tonight.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Too late in the day to troubleshoot the card. And if it is fried then you will have to order one.

Check for 12v at the relay. With the key on you should have 12v at the small terminal with the small pink w/black wire. Also check for 12v at the small light blue wire (checkin to see if the internal coil wire is good)

add a manual switch to the relay.

You can either energize the relay from under the hood or put a switch in the cab. All you need to do is add a ground wire to the small terminal with the light blue wire.

E-7 - GP Manual switch2.jpg

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If this was house wiring, you'd be calling in dead.

Gunfreak25

My great grandpa was an electrician on the Manhattan project, we still have his old uniform pins. Well I know who I don't take after.

I didn't get to finish cleaning the fuse block connectors so I did that tonight, bright connections and new contact grease, turned the key and I have glow back!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks