• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cleaning data plates

mutt_r

I need some help cleaning my data plates for the Garwood winch. I would like to make them readable again. Remove the old paint without destroying the original paint.

In the past I was able to remove paint from my plastic vehicle models with brake fluid. Would that work here too?

What are you using? What are your experiences?

Attachments

ToddJK

I've used acetone to clean off paint, but those look faded and rusty. Might be better off ordering new plates that either come with those numbers stamped on them or stamp them on yourself. If you're patient enough, could always clean those plates off and use some stencils and redo them, but keep the pictures for reference.

Crazyguyla

I had some data plates that where the black background was faded. I used some liquid soap and a soft toothbrush to clean them up. Then sprayed the data plates with a couple layers of clear coat. I put the data plates in a safe place, so I don't have pictures to share.

Reactions: HDN
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks