• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Clutches, Pressure Plates, Confusion

SierraHotel

In perusing some of the different suppliers online, they do not all seem to agree with what each part number looks like. I looks as if RNJ Murray and Saturn buy from the same place and that Old Iron and American Military buy from the same place. However, that is where the two diverge…
Can I replace a 4 arm pressure plate with a 3 arm and can I replace a 5 tab clutch with a solid disk?
What freakin' disk and pressure plate should I get?!!
Does it Matter?

Attachments

rdixiemiller

You should be able to use either the 4 arm pressure plate/5 puck disk or the 3 arm pressure plate/6 puck disk interchangeably. Which is better? They are probably equal. I would imagine the 6 puck clutch assy. would probably be a bit smoother than the 5 puck setup. The 5 puck clutch uses metallic friction material, the 6 puck looks like the fiber type. The disks should be interchangeable between the pressure plate types, the dimensions SHOULD be the same.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There was a thread a few days ago, they had a 3 finger and put a 4 finger in and they were having problems getting it adjusted. Someone posted that the newer TMs didn't have the procedure to adj. the clutch, but the gasser TM did. What came of that?? I too am confused :?

acetomatoco

I would replace with identical to what was taken out...too many variables otherwise...who knows what soldier 1 and soldier 2 did over the years.. ACE

SierraHotel

Re: RE: Clutches, Pressure Plates, Confusion

rdixiemiller said:
You should be able to use either the 4 arm pressure plate/5 puck disk or the 3 arm pressure plate/6 puck disk interchangeably. The disks should be interchangeable between the pressure plate types, the dimensions SHOULD be the same.
I thought the 3 arm/6 puck combo was for a 5 ton. Is that correct?
I agree with ACE and will likely do the 4 arm/5 puck combo, but am still confused about the clutch disk differences between Old Iron/American Military (White Star) and Murray/Saturn for the same part number...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks