• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CME Arma an "original" starter? Thoughts on good quality starter solenoids?

TexAndy

CME Arma an "original" starter? Thoughts on good quality starter solenoids?

So I bought my M1009 out of a GSA auction in San Antonio a few years ago. It had nothing major wrong with it, but it had a dead starter. A 28MT with a red cme arma badge on it. And it's a dead, dead starter. Even with a known good solenoid on it, no dice on the no load test.

Is this what the military replaced their Delco DD 27MT starters with?

I'm currently running a DBelectrical 28MT. But I just got done putting it back on the truck a second time because of a "Dead spot" solenoid issue and I kinda want to get a known, good quality spare, complete starter I can keep in the truck for just in case.

I've seen the parts kits for rebuilding starters from ASP but I've never rebuilt an automotive starter and I need it to be utterly reliable.

Thoughts? Are the CME Arma starters any good?

For that matter, where can I get a known, good quality starter solenoid? I've seen some on ebay for like 25 bucks but... is it going to be the same old Chinese garbage? Are the Brazilian-made ones any good?

TexAndy

These guys were recomended to me and the starter I bought from them is still going strong.
I prefer the gear reduction type.

http://www.texasindustrialelectric.com/starter_solenoids.asp
Thanks, I wanna say that's who I got my spare solenoid from that I just installed on my DBelectrical starter. I think it was from an outfit in San Antonio, anyways. It came with an orange rubber boot. Hopefully this one will last a bit longer. I hate pulling and reinstalling starters. UGH.

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just make sure you have the correct brace for the starter you get. They are different for the two types. direct drive and gear reduction.

rustystud

I would second the opinion on getting a gear reduction starter. They draw less currant and have less heat build-up. The starter still spins the engine just fine to.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks