• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CMI LOAD KING XM1076 trailer?? Anyone own/use one? Need Feedback!!!

61sleepercab

I have been seeing CMI LOAD KING XM1076 trailer dollies for sale but cannot find any info on these trailers.

Do they resemble running gear of M989A1 drop center trailer? I cannot tell if air bagged or springs for suspension.

Has anyone owned or modified one for hauling???

I need something drop centered and believe these could be modified without much trouble?? Thanks Mark

paradeduty

They are probably very similar to the production M1076 trailers by Oshkosh. They have 3 axles and the single front is "platform" steering. Don't really think this would be very conducive to modification to "drop center" as I believe that the frame is basically straight and sits easily 5 feet off the ground. Plus you would have to reengineer the rear suspension to drop an axle. The M989A1 is a special bird. Very specific application caused its design. Good for what it was for (rocket pods) but some say bad for everything else! Cool trailer though.

61sleepercab

Thanks for the input on the trailers. I dabble with antique equipment and old engines including a portable Meadows Mill grist mill. A display would weigh about 2 ton and it would be a better display for the public if it was at a lower eye level.

One idea is for a chilli/bbq pit on wheels with some field ovens and burners for cooking sides. I like the M989 design but do not like the prices. These Load King frames are a lot cheaper and the frame could be cut vertically and plated to drop the center frame section.
I have a M925 6x6 as a toter of what ever I can find to work with. Mark