• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Collins Foundation gets a German Halftrack

WarrenD

I had heard they were getting one last fall but didn't realize it was in such rough shape. I should see it next month at their annual "Battle for the Airfield" event.

B3.3T

They list it on their website as a German OT-810. Who are they kidding? I guess another one of the fake Tigers is probably on their shopping list, too.

rhinob

Whatever it takes to keep history alive, I can overlook the symantics. There were ~675 of.......
<<<------- THOSE Marder 1's built. One left in existence. What choice did I have? I built one. I have no problem with OT-810's representing the German SdKfz 251D for some historical context. At least Collings actually converted theirs. Hanks/Spielberg in Saving Private Ryan couldn't be bothered, but then they did camouflage it's real lines well and then they blew it up.

B3.3T

Replica German vehicles are fine as long as they are represented in that fashion. Calling it a German OT-810 IMHO is not keeping history alive. Calling it a modified Czech OT-810 to simulate a German SdKfz 251D would be more appropriate. As I know those who are painstakingly building real 251's, it just seems appropriate to be accurate and truthful.

rhinob

Tough crowd.
Yeah, really. I hope they chastise the college girl that put that on their website so she quits in tears.

I can't imagine the organization's leadership deliberately misleads anyone. It's a stupid oversight. If you take a look at their inventory, they've done it right and first class on so many levels. I think they deserve the benefit of the doubt, IMHO. Anyone who painstakingly restores original 251's would probably agree.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks