• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Compartment below fuel tank

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In a factory M38A1, there is about 1/4" under the fuel tank where some rubs strips are, before the bottom of the fuel tank well in the body. Under the well is, I guess, planet earth.

dodjh

In a factory M38A1, there is about 1/4" under the fuel tank where some rubs strips are, before the bottom of the fuel tank well in the body. Under the well is, I guess, planet earth.

What I have is a 19" x 14" x 3" deep compartment that doesn't take up the whole fuel tank dimension but is part of the floor metal and is 3"s below the fuel tank.

dodjh

....would it be a sump compartment?
I just looked at my M38A1 tank, (not yet installed) and it is the shape of the compartment I'm referring to. I have a temporary tank in the jeep now that doesn't have a drop down section on it, so that's why I was puzzled about the empty area in the floor below it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks