• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Congrats to new FMTV Civi Owner

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Congrats to the new 5 ton FMTV owner from Fort Bragg. I wont say how much it went for but ..wow. Be the first on your block or the world to have a FMTV.

Bruce , can I got for a ride?? - Jay

"M-1086 5 TON, 6 X 6, 11827 MILES, CARGO TRUCK, WITH GROVE MATERIAL HANDLING CRANE, 5000 LB CAPACITY, OPERATING CONDITION UNKNOWN, TWO TIRES FLAT, BRAKES HAVE BEEN CAGED. **BUYER LOADS** " NO EUC

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Clintogf and I were watching this-WOW!

Deep pockets.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jay, I wish I could say that I won it! However, I can't say that because I did not win it. That was a lot of coin for a rare truck, but it seemed kinda high for an unknown...and this comes from someone who had a trained military truck mechanic inspect the truck. Still, if the truck runs, someone got a good deal. It was just too much risk for me to go over $40K.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a tool that you screw into the spring brake cannisters to release the brakes so the truck can roll freely...as in it was towed to the site.

dk8019

PCtrans, that's a sweet setup, you spliced a 800 series and a HEMMT rear end??

I think the FMTV went high due to the uniqueness of it, how many of these are out there in civilian use?

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are a lot of tandem units out there, but have yet to see a 6x6 unit. In all my travels to different bases, I haven't seen any of these. I thought I had a unique item.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I am foolish to think there must be some serious flaw to this unit to be so new and still surplussed?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks