• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Contact Assignment for Trailer Connector

BM59_Fan

Any have what the pin/socket assignments are for the trailer connector on a swiss 710K? I can see on the wiring diagram turn/stop, tail lights, and ground but also what I guess is a Convoy low vis light output BUT the contact assignments in the 7 contact socket are not illustrated. I am hooking up to a military trailer so if there is a convoy low vis output I will also hook that up as well.

Thanks

Mike

Las Vegas NM

mm58

I don't think one of the trailer pins is for the blackout lights. I believe the trailer lights just follow with whatever mode the truck lights are.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I don't think one of the trailer pins is for the blackout lights. I believe the trailer lights just follow with whatever mode the truck lights are.
If the OP is hooking up a U.S. military trailer, it HAS blackout lights, do not under stand " trailer lights just follow with whatever mode the truck lights are" the trailer plug scocket is wired for blackout., in fact at least 4 pins are for blacklout lights, L turn/brake, R turn/brake, running, ground

'

BM59_Fan

The original trailer connector on the rear of the Pinzgauer is a 7 contact female connector that has both male and female contacts in the connector. On the Swiss version, of the 7 contacts only 5 have wires connected to them. According to the pinz wiring diagram one of the contacts is ground, one is RTurn/Stop, one is LTurn/Stop, one is tail lights R/L, and one is identified (translated) as "Camo light, R & L" which I take as meaning a low vis tail light. The Camo light contact on the Pinz I would wire to the appropriate low output tail light wiring on the M116 trailer I have. The wiring diagram does not identify the contact numbers in the connector.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks