• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Converting military windshield wiper to civilian

JonM934

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I got my truck, the windshield wipers were completely falling apart and even scratching the glass. I didn't have time to order the military ones and i was driving through rain so I ended up grabbing some standard civilian wipers and got it to work. As a work around, I actually duct taped the wipers to the arm and it worked. Once I got home, I found out that a #6 screw about 1.5 inches long would fit through the arm hole and also go through the wiper. So with two #6 bolts and two stainless lock nuts, I am using regular car/truck wipers on my 7 Ton.

IMG_20200116_171945.jpg

IMG_20200116_171953.jpg

JonM934

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And just to give more information, I used the 16 inch wipers that you can buy anywhere. The military ones were 16 inches so it should be an exact replacement.

IMG_20200120_083456.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks