• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Coolant leaking into cab from heater box ?

wiersema07

Bought a 90 m931a2 today And while driving it coolant appears to be coming in from by the heater box on passenger side and coming on floor board on cab. Owner said it was because he just over filled the reserve tank and was wondering if that will actually happen or if any one has had this happen. Also noticed it coming down from by the reserve tank on passenger side dripping down
Thanks

Attachments

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
sounds like a heater core leak , do a pressure test and it should be easy to locate the leak . I would also think about a coolant flush and change once you get the leak fixed .:beer:

wiersema07

sounds like a heater core leak , do a pressure test and it should be easy to locate the leak . I would also think about a coolant flush and change once you get the leak fixed .:beer:
I was planning on installing a block heater this weekend and already have new coolant to do the flush. I can tell after looking at it on the inside it’s coming bottom of the floor vent of heater box inside but didn’t have the day light to check under the hood and see. I’ll have to get a pressure test kit and see where it’s leaking.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Heater core is in the engine bay area. There is nothing in that could put coolant in the cab besides that.

There is a civilian equivalent to use to replace it. Calls for some offset slots to be cut in the. Core box for the new heater fittings

wiersema07

Heater core is in the engine bay area. There is nothing in that could put coolant in the cab besides that.

There is a civilian equivalent to use to replace it. Calls for some offset slots to be cut in the. Core box for the new heater fittings
OK ill take a look i think im just going to shut the valve until i have time to evaluate it further. im not worry about not have heat for while until can look it over. been 6 years since worked on a 5 ton, so im a little rusty on getting re educated. i appreciate your response and will look into it more this weekend when i do the exhaust and block heater.
thank you again !

ericp351

OK ill take a look i think im just going to shut the valve until i have time to evaluate it further. im not worry about not have heat for while until can look it over. been 6 years since worked on a 5 ton, so im a little rusty on getting re educated. i appreciate your response and will look into it more this weekend when i do the exhaust and block heater.
thank you again !
Quick note- 1980's "fox bodie" ford cores are nearly a direct drop in and easy to get. Those were Mustangs, small LTD's, Fairmounts, et cetera.

Steelreaper80

thank you again !

I had the same problem. There are direct replacements on army truck part supplier sites. Very easy to swap out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks