• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

correct color interior/dash pad

forest522

I know your wanting a new dash pad and possible door panels, but... Consider repairing a decent set of door panels and settling for a gray or even black dash pad.

Then use SEM coat, Burgandy...any reputable auto paint shop or the local NAPA paint store will have it. It is made for vinyl and plastic. I have used Duplicolor, SEM coat and the made-for-plastic Krylon and Rustoleum - they look good after painting but hands down...SEM coat is more durable and looks more like the original color. Duplicolor is a close second.

You will pay about $14 per can or maybe a little less. But it is really good stuff.

I think LMC has the dash pads and panels in burgandy but you'll pay quite a bit. Surf some junkyards, you may find a decent one in any 1981 to 1988 Pickup, Blazer, Jimmy or Surburban. Then its on to the cleanup! Good luck!!

Last edited: