• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Couple of easy questions

Sigi

"2009" M1123 from Yermo.

Making good progress going through the new truck. Changed oil/filter, replaced broken mirrors, reinstalled CDR valve. Interestingly, someone added a short hose in lieu of the CDR valve. Maybe this is a CA requirement - no open crankcase emissions.

I do have a question about the windshield wipers.
They are turned such that they are pointing above the roof due to lack of glass I assume. Dumb question: how does one take off the wiper arm to reposition it? I don't see a nut and I don't want to force it.

Since this was an armored truck, I have amor mounting holes everywhere. What do people do with those? Drill out to a standard size then use plastic plugs?

The tire pressure stenciled on the fenders (45 front, 40 rear) must account for the weight of the armor that is no longer there. What are the regular non-armored tire pressures (stock tires)?

Thanks!

INFChief

"2009" M1123 from Yermo.

Making good progress going through the new truck. Changed oil/filter, replaced broken mirrors, reinstalled CDR valve. I do have a question about the windshield wipers.
They are turned such that they are pointing above the roof due to lack of glass I assume. Dumb question: how does one take off the wiper arm to reposition it? I don't see a nut and I don't want to force it.

Since this was an armored truck, I have amor mounting holes everywhere. What do people do with those? Drill out to a standard size then use plastic plugs?

The tire pressure stenciled on the fenders (45 front, 40 rear) must account for the weight of the armor that is no longer there. What are the regular non-armored tire pressures (stock tires)?

Thanks!
Look at the base of the blade arm where it attaches to the motor or linkage at the windshield. There’s more likely a little catch that you need to rotate away or push down / pull up.

INFChief

"2009" M1123 from Yermo.

Making good progress going through the new truck. Changed oil/filter, replaced broken mirrors, reinstalled CDR valve. Interestingly, someone added a short hose in lieu of the CDR valve. Maybe this is a CA requirement - no open crankcase emissions.

Thanks!
Go to page 139; Section 10-70.

diesel_dave

"2009" M1123 from Yermo.

Thanks!
My ECV truck said 30 front and 40 rear. Since I drive my truck empty, I just run 30 all around. Helps soften the ride a bit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks