• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CTIS support by CM AUtomotive Systems

wehring

Excellent

Thank you for stepping up. I contacted your company previously while researching how we could convert from an electronic/automated system to a manual system. I could not find anyone that would talk with me about it.

Again, thank you for speaking up. As best as I can investigate, I have an M924A2 that the CTIS over-pressurized a tire on the intermediate axle and blew a 1400R20 up on the highway. I have since disconnected the system. It would be nice to have it function correctly. I own 3 CTIS fitted trucks and all of them are not working.

Justin Wehring
justin.wehring-1@nasa.gov
979 997 3112

AceHigh

Thanks for posting and for offering support! I am on the wrong side of the country to just drive in but I can say I have had fun getting my CTIS to work. I think a high percentage of the systems get disconnected while in active duty, thus we inherit systems that have not been maintained.

Again, thanks!

motomacguyver

I also appreciate the support, I had called about a broken PSI transducer. And CM automotive sent me one for FREE. no shipping even. This hasn't fixed all my CTIS problems yet but I'm getting there. Thanks.

jeep-Jeep

Thanks for your company concerns .
I have a system that only shows flat on display .
I now have a new manifold to replace and some wheel valves on the way .
Any sujestion would be appriciated .

CMAutomotive

Let me know how it works

I am not sure where you sourced the Manifold and Wheel Valves, in the future, let us know and we would be able to supply both. One note of concern... I have seen a number of older wheel valves for sale on the internet - they way to id the older version of the wheel valve is via the diaphram and position of the screws on top of the cap...

if the diaphram, just visible under the cap, is red, this is the old version,
if the cap screws are on top of the 4 raised bosses on the cap, again, this is the old version.

We discontinued this version in 2008 as we found that they foul too quickly with bad air sources, the current design has a black diaphram and the cap screws are placed between the 4 raised bosses.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me.

jeep-Jeep

I am not sure where you sourced the Manifold and Wheel Valves, in the future, let us know and we would be able to supply both. One note of concern... I have seen a number of older wheel valves for sale on the internet - they way to id the older version of the wheel valve is via the diaphram and position of the screws on top of the cap...

if the diaphram, just visible under the cap, is red, this is the old version,
if the cap screws are on top of the 4 raised bosses on the cap, again, this is the old version.

We discontinued this version in 2008 as we found that they foul too quickly with bad air sources, the current design has a black diaphram and the cap screws are placed between the 4 raised bosses.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me.
The truck has the old version and my new ones are the the new version .
my new manifold is 10117093c
sn001204478

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you for your support of these vehicles and for your participation on this forum.

I look forward to the possibility of quality discussions regarding the design, maintenance and diagnosis of the system. Should be educational!

Rick

CMAutomotive

That manifold was manufactured on Dec 04, 2000 and made to Revision C... we currently are on Rev. P. I want to make sure that there's lacquer on at least one of the screws that hold down the flat cover plate (that has our name on it) - this will tell me if someone other than CM has opened the Manifold and exposed the electronics.

TDA

CMAutomotive

OLD STYLE - see the red diaphram (which looks like a gasket) between the round cover and the valve body. The (4) screws are also on top of the four bosses (raised sections) on the cover.

jeep-Jeep

That manifold was manufactured on Dec 04, 2000 and made to Revision C... we currently are on Rev. P. I want to make sure that there's lacquer on at least one of the screws that hold down the flat cover plate (that has our name on it) - this will tell me if someone other than CM has opened the Manifold and exposed the electronics.

TDA
yes blue and it was sealed in the origional box

mktopside

Banned

TDA
Does that start the auto destruct sequence?
:-D

On a serious note:

*What do you believe is the most likely cause of inconsistant wheel pressures? As in one side of one axle is at 45psi, and the other side is at 35psi. Wheel valves themselves?

*Is there any preventative maintenance that can be done to the system to help extend it's life and avert problems?

Last edited:

CMAutomotive

To Monkeyboyarmy,

They are serviceable, but given the improvement in the new style wheel valves, you may be better obtaining a new style valve from us - we have remanufactured stock that would be a better value.

CMAutomotive

I don't understand how the tire pressures could be different if both tires are on the same channel - send me a drawing of how the system is plumbed.

The single biggest issue with our (any) CTI system is the quality of the air supply. Dirt/sand are not an issue but oil and water are killers - especially oil! Oil will attack the elastomers in the wheel valves and manifolds causing first a change in the stiffness of the diaphram, eventually rupturing the materials. Water causes dirt to stick in passages causing blockages (again, sand and dirt alone are not an issue, the system self-cleans).

TDA

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks