• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CTIS valve block

Wingnut13

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey all,

My first post here. Bought a 2003 M1078A1 last month and troubleshoot the CTIS fault to..... no control valve block behind the passenger kick panel. Everything is capped off. I've been looking around for a new to me block and haven't had much luck finding anything recent for information or parts. I've seen the aftermarket electrical controls, has anyone come up with a valve block replacement?

Thanks

Ronmar

The configuration is pretty simple, it is 3 solenoid valves a 6.5 PSI pressure relief valve and a 0-100PSI pressure sensor. Was just playing with a modular solenoid valve to replace the fan clutch solenoid. I am pretty sure I could put together a CTIS manifold using 3 of the modular valves…

A normally open(control) and a normally closed(deflate) stacked together, with a normally closed(supply/inflate) connected to one side of the stacked valves common gallery and a pressure sensor on a T fitting on the other end of the stacked gallery. The remaining port on the T would go down to the wheel valves thru the truck plumbing. The control valve port would be connected to the vent line to the cab floor and the deflate valve port would have the 6.5 PSI pressure relief installed in it, although this could probably also be done with a restricted orifice And T it into the control vent line to the cab floor. A basic spring loaded check valve could also be used by altering it’s spring to get it to open at 6.5 PSI…

The valves I am thinking of are about $50 each, so maybe just a little over $150 to build a valve if you cannot find a used one.

The original PCU’s are a pretty good design IMO so if you can get a used one at a reasonable cost, I would suggest that route, but you do have options…

Last edited:

Wingnut13

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I prefer a stock unit, but I can kit bash something together if I needed to. Turns out it would have been a great thing to have this weekend as the car show / fly in I went to parked me in a soft spot. I made some foot deep trenches, but got out with some careful use of throttle.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks