• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Battery tray upgrade

ODdave

I am doing another battery tray conversion on a cucv and was curious if anyone else has done anything to get rid of the gaudy over sized originals.

Yes I know that the original 6tl's need the big trays but how may of us are actually using them?

I have done this conversion on my 1028 but with the intercooler it is slightly different. I will post pics tomarrow as it is by far easier than explaining.

ODdave

The trays are from 90's body style chevy c/k trucks (millions out there) and dirt cheap at the local yards. Cut the bottom bracket off and it gives you nice flat surface to atatch them to the bar. The bar is simply a piece of 3/4 in angle. The flat plates are 1 in flat stock. You have to "massage" a flat spot in the wheel well for the rear trays post to mount in.

I will get more pics & progress tomarrow

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks