• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV drive to Fort McClary and Memorial Bridge

Skinny

IMG_1864.jpgIMG_1867.jpgIMG_1866.jpgIMG_1856.jpgIMG_1863.jpgIMG_1860.jpgIMG_1861.jpgIMG_1857.jpgIMG_1859.jpgIMG_1862.jpgSo my GEN 2 decided to lose its mindagain. I just rebuilt it a year ago with less than a thousand mileson it. The charge light started to flash when I was selling my house,moving my stuff with a U-Haul trailer to a storage unit, and going tosign papers in the pouring rain. In the meantime, I unplugged the GEN2 and just plugged the ol' girl in overnight. She has on boardbattery chargers.

Today's mission was to yank GEN 2 for aquick rebuild. This morning was a quick 2 hour session whichincluding some basic maintenance such as rubber/fluid checks,draining water from fuel filter, and running up the Genny to checkall my voltages. I proceeded to take the CUCV on a short tour whilethe weather was beautiful.

I went out to Fort McClary in Kittery,ME. Great view overlooking a ton of boats tied up. Since the MemorialBridge going from Kittery, ME to Portsmouth, NH just was finished afew weeks ago I headed in that direction. I grabbed a few photosleading up to the bridge when I was given the red signal. SCORE! CuckVee photo op on the bridge...yee haw!

Truck charged great the entire ride,burned a bunch of diesel fuel, made lots of noise, and listened tosome good tunes. Life sucks then you die...

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks