• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV-II blown engine. I-95 N exit 68, loaded and headed home Now

Stonepicker1

Can anyone help. I lost all the oil and engine through a rod. I need to store it until next week. Truck is pulling a empty 20 foot gooseneck trailer.

i have to also get back to Jacksonville, Fl.

Last edited by a moderator:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Come on SC guys, you've done this before. I'm going to look at the map and check on Phil in a few.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Phil, you are about 120 miles from Strickland Farms in Statesboro GA. I'd about guarantee that Lloyd would gladly stash your stuff.

Stonepicker1

Thanks, my son is on his way now with my other truck. I'll just winch the broke truck up on the trailer and tow it back.

i'll stash it on Camp blanding for a week maybe or let my son take it all the way home. Either way I have to be back to Blanding tonight(Military duty)

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry this happened. When you get a minute, fill us in on what happened. I bought a parts 6.5 truck that also lost the oil due to the cooler failing after a collision.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good news Phil. Do you have another vehicle at Camp Blanding? BTW, that place is the biggest traffic circle I've ever seen.

Stonepicker1

Good news Phil. Do you have another vehicle at Camp Blanding? BTW, that place is the biggest traffic circle I've ever seen.
I will be riding back to WPB with another Soldier in his GSA pickup.

Son made it home safe after stopping three hours from home. He was just to tired to drive anymore. He's a good kid and glad he made the call to get some sleep.

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I wish we still had the emergency thread that way certain members could subscribe to it and get the alerts thru tapatalk so i get a phone notification cause i never check this section. Especially when i am on the road.

But i know people will abuse and post all over the wrong section

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks