• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cucv inner fender and frame paint codes

richingalveston

the search function did not help me any, nor did google.

Does anyone know the paint code for the inner fenders and frame on the cucv. I want to paint my inner fenders and like the gloss paint vs. the flat that is on them now. The flat is harder to clean.

just trying to get the same paint to repaint the engine area before the new motor goes in.

Thanks,
Rich

corvette9

Sem Rustshield gloss black. Any autobody supp.house will have it. I'v been using the gloss and semi gloss for well over 20 years on very expensive restos. One of the best chassis coatings out there.

Barrman

Rich, the paint shop behind the Whataburger on Texas in Bryan has it. I was just there yesterday getting the SEM burgundy which is an exact match for the interior. I had them order 4 cans for me and picked them up.

I went ACE flat black on my inner fenders for the Cowdog and it was a mistake. Go with the gloss.

richingalveston

thank you, yes I went with flat black first and it does not clean well.
I also recommend keeping the gloss.

thanks for the info.

one thing I wanted to add, I purchased the paint prep spray from oriely's I believe it is duplicolor brand, it worked well for cleaning and painting my motor. using brake clean, thinner or other chemicals, they are to hot and melt any paint that is there. The prep spray would remove fresh paint and over spray but once dry and cured it does not melt the existing paint.

It removed the gease oil and wax pen marks and the new paint stuck real well,

It is easy to use, just spray things starting from top to bottom, I scrubbed with medium bristle brush and rinsed again with prep spray then wiped with lint free cloth.
Old pain and bad surfaces probably need a light sand but painting fresh parts, this stuff alone works well

Rich

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks