• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Mechanic in Southern California??

jplace1011

Hello Everyone,

I live in Southern California, Orange County area, does anyone know a good mechanic who works on Diesel engines/CUCVs?

Thank you for any input, I appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jplace1011

What seems to be the problem Sir?
Hi 1love, I have an oil leak. One mechanic has it now, he wants to see if it’s possibly the head gaskets. I’d love to find a great mechanic to do any and all work. It’s been a challenge to find someone.

1love

Hi 1love, I have an oil leak. One mechanic has it now, he wants to see if it’s possibly the head gaskets. I’d love to find a great mechanic to do any and all work. It’s been a challenge to find someone.

Well I would get your truck back ASAP a head gasket doesnt cause an oil leak! Valve covers, oil pan, and rear main seals do!

jplace1011

Well I would get your truck back ASAP a head gasket doesnt cause an oil leak! Valve covers, oil pan, and rear main seals do!
1love, thanks for the input. I’m really wondering if it’s the rear main seal. Here’s a link to my oil leak problem:

CUCV Oil/Fuel Leak

1love

Watched the video and read the post, it really looks like a slow leak my best suggestion so you can save money and doesn't require any special skill is to hose down the bottom of the engine, tranny and fuel lines let it try and then start the truck and look for leaks. It looks like fuel too me so I would just inspect all the fuel lines, especially around the motor mounts.

MarcusOReallyus

Check below the IP, too, in the valley, to see if there is a bit of fuel there.

As for a good diesel mechanic, ask at your local NAPA. They often know who's good and who's not. Might look for someone who does truck work.

Whatever you do, be careful about letting them work on the electrical system! It's different from what most people are used to, and this board is full of horror stories of mechanics who decided a perfectly good truck needed to be "fixed", because they didn't understand the system.

Then it's frying time again, you're gonna burn it.
I can smell the links a-melting, at the back.
I can tell by the way you hacked it, buddy,
That it won't be long before it's fryin' time.

(With apologies to Buck Owen.)

jplace1011

Check below the IP, too, in the valley, to see if there is a bit of fuel there.

As for a good diesel mechanic, ask at your local NAPA. They often know who's good and who's not. Might look for someone who does truck work.

Whatever you do, be careful about letting them work on the electrical system! It's different from what most people are used to, and this board is full of horror stories of mechanics who decided a perfectly good truck needed to be "fixed", because they didn't understand the system.

Then it's frying time again, you're gonna burn it.
I can smell the links a-melting, at the back.
I can tell by the way you hacked it, buddy,
That it won't be long before it's fryin' time.

(With apologies to Buck Owen.)

It turns out one of the replaced valve covers (passenger side) is slightly leaking. That and the Rear Main Engine Seal is bad. Two mechanics in a row have not fixed the rear main seal problem. It took me and a backyard mechanic to figure it all out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks