• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Current issue M2A1 ammo can paint color?

TexAndy

Does anyone know what exact color is used on the current issue standard M2A1 ammo cans? This is the can they use for practically everything small arms. .50 cal, 5.56, 9mm, 00 buck, etc...

It's not really flat. It's kinda semi-gloss, I guess. Or maybe "satin?" I tried a bit of Rustoleum "camoflage olive drab" and the color was too light and alot flatter.

20151006_163011.jpg

I've got some I need to spruce up a bit, but I'd like to use the same color for authenticity's sake.

TexAndy

Great timing. I logged on tonight to ask the same question! I searched the web for a few minutes and found Federal Standard 595C 24052 mentioned a few times. The shade looks right on my screen, but it's difficult to tell for sure.

View attachment 606007
Cool, thanks.

That looks like the right color.

It doesn't look like it would be any of the 1s or 3s, based on semi-gloss = 2

Looks like Rapco has it in rattle cans, even. They call it Semi-gloss Marine Corps Forest Green.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks