Custom Engraved Data Plates

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello all, hope everyone's 2022 year, is going a lot better than the last couple!

Requesting information.

I have a laser engraving business, and over the last couple of years I have had several requests from the group to make data plates for their vehicles or trailers.

I haven't been able to do this because I can't find the materials to make the data plates from.

So I thought I would put a request out to see if anyone in this group would know or have access to blank data plates so then I could engrave them.

I'm thinking I need thin anodized aluminum or metal tin sheets. I need for the sheets to have a coating on them so something like stainless steel wouldn't work for me at the time with my current laser engraving setup, if it doesn't have some sort of anodized coating.

Anyway I just wanted to put it out there to see if anyone may have a source or a company I could contact about getting these Blank data plates.

Thanks Bobby

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are literally thousands of "unstamped" data plates out there. Surplus dealers have them, and all that needs to be done is fill in the blanks.

Not much point in making new plates...

DG

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are literally thousands of "unstamped" data plates out there. Surplus dealers have them, and all that needs to be done is fill in the blanks.

DG
Unforturnately Eastern has most of them from when they bought out the guy in Illinois. DataPlates.net can reproduce
about anything with a clear photo.

Edit: I think I still have few M101 blank plates , they may be M101A1 , it's been awhile since I looked at them.

Last edited:

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter

DG
I've had requests for custom plates off and on over the years, and of course a few that wanted remakes of the old data plates.

If I knew somebody I could refer people to that would be fine as well would be one less thing I'd have to keep in my inventory.

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any trophy shop can do it. I had one made 3 years ago to replace the corroded one on my m373 trailer. It was $50.
I have a friend that has a trophy shop and he has not been able to find any of the larger size plates that we would need for like military trailers and other vehicles that have larger data plates.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a friend that has a trophy shop and he has not been able to find any of the larger size plates that we would need for like military trailers and other vehicles that have larger data plates.
I would guess your going to have to make the blanks from full sheets yourself , whatever gauge aluminum and small shear.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They cut it out themselves. I think it was lasered, but could have been sheared. Aluminum is about the easiest thing to cut, so it could have been anything.

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some laser made data plates I've had done up were made with Durablack aluminum sheet. The laser burns off the black coating exposing the raw aluminum beneath.
Thats the way I was thinking to do these. I was able to find out one of the companies Im already with has these Durablack Aluminum Sheets. Luckily they have some pre-cut smaller sizes. For larger size plates I will have to find a way to get them cut to size, my laser will not cut metal. Thanks for the info.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks