• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cylinder Head Wrench

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've never had the valve cover off a multifuel but I would think a regular socket would work with no need for a special wrench (besides a 1/2" drive torque wrench). Am I missing something here?

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sierra Hotel: You are welcome! A girl friend I once had said if maybe she painted herself green, she would get more attention!! I guess she needed to do it, then put herself on a GL auction!!

bigelk50: You might try Ebay, and if none are listed look for member molinestud. You might ask him if he has any. I would assume that Memphis Equipment or other dealers would have them also. Seems I paid about $10 for mine.

M15ty: You need the special wrench to work with some of the nuts along the injector side of the head. No way to get a normal socket on them to get a reliable torque reading.

Regards Marti

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sierra Hotel:
Another thought about the wrenches you saw on ebay. They may be the ones needed to take the cylinder jugs off the Continental 0-200 on my aircraft. I will check it out.
Thanks Marti

ems4ty

Sierra Hotel,

If your in a real bind, have you tried possibly Memphis Truck Equipment or Saturn Surplus? Just a thought. I know memphis is a bit expensive though...

-Tyler

bugei

wrench

fwiw, because of the casting for the heads, there is no combination of normal wrenches and sockets that will get the heads off, and certainly not back on and torqued. i understand that the military one bends pretty easy. some on this site have made their own ( is will let them speak for themselves). i just got this one from snapon, too much money as always, but it worked GREAT
http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item...5&group_ID=636&store=snapon-store&dir=catalog

Attachments

Larch

bugei, did you use that torque adaptor with the rocker arm shaft attached? I think I may have a loose cylinder head nut or I may need to replace the head gasket and am in need of the special wrench. I read that some of the military wrenches break. The price I found for the military wrench and the snap-on are about the same. I would go with the snap-on if it works similar ( rocker arm shafts attached). Thanks.

badgmc56

Now that we are on this subject, are these heads and head gaskets able to retorque without damaging the head or gasket? Some engines allow you to do so and some say no retorque. Thanks Bob C.

Jake0147

I've never done it so I can't say for sure how the snap on wrench works, but there is a BIG DIFFERENCE that I don't see mentioned yet-

With the military wrench, you set your torque wrench on it and go.
With the Snap On wrench, you will have to get your slide rule out and recalculate the torque each and every time you change the angle of the torque wrench....

Not a big deal at all, and I'm sure if you wanted you could even use an electric calculator :-D but it needs to be known in advance...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks