• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dad's new ride M37 fire truck

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My Dad's new ride, a 1953 M37 firetruck. Looks really clean and runs really quiet. Got it near Erie Pa. He's 79, a Korean War vet and says he always wanted what he drove when he was in the service. He's the one who got me started in the CUCV thing too, God bless him.

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very cool truck! Congrats to him for getting it.

WarrenD

Congrats! Looks like a 12V conversion? Plans to restore to military or keep it as is? Looks real clean as it is.

harleyhouse

Great find!

There is one in Cambridge Springs Pa. I look at all the time " needs work" but the owner is reluctant to sell. Probably waiting until it rots away then he will let it go.

61sleepercab

Our local Walton WV VFW had a similar truck in service for years and everyone tried to run the wheels off of it. 45 MPH was a happy speed.
My father was to be pulled by a DOH dump truck back into the road in the winter and the driver either panicked or forgot he had a pickup in tow and slung my Dad's pickup truck over the road bank. The M37 was tied to a tree nearby and winched Dad back to civilization without any sweat. The M37 was sold and long gone now but I bet that she could still out pull or out haul the new stuff that replaced it. Mark

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks