• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Danl

Danl

Is this truck needed for parts, I found a mv in an gravel pit today, The dater plate best as I can read it , 1953 wrecker . Someone took off the wrecker and put on a sander and made a road plow out of it. the truck was last reg. in 1985, The truck been sitting there since, A young man pulled it from down back . said he was going to junk steel it, he thinks he can get 400 or so for it, I put a stop to that for now. tomarrow I'm going to take some pic and post it here it has a six cil motor, this truck is rusty but it is fully intack other than the wrecker bed it has on flat tire, you guys will have to tell me what this truck is it might a REO, what i need to know after you guys see pic is should i recover this thing cheep ? inorder to get parts that are needed around here, or maybe some one would like to restore this truck , pic comeing tomarrow

Last edited:

Danl

Danl M915A1

I beleve it has six I will check in the morning I did look at them I did not count them but they were big

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The wrecker vultures are circling.................. Yes we want pictures. My guess is M62 Gasser!!!!!!!!!

Katahdin

Well, its a little worse than that. Seems the young man scrapping the truck didn't have permission to do so but did so anyway after Danl left. No other details other than thanks to Danl the real owner is aware and is pursuing recovery of his property.

Danl

Danl M915A1

not sure what is happen to day but these young men were pretty brave to rob this place, i did not reallize that i walk or better drove in the middle of a robbery, I'm lost for words this pit had lots of old track from years of hard work , and it seam ok that some day some one would scrap out this stuff. But i didn't think thay would steal it, who in there right mind steels JUNK

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
who in there right mind steels JUNK
With steel bringing $10 per hundred pounds or more in most areas, it has the slimeballs out day and night. Heck, at that price I'm even tempted to pick up old washing machines that people dump on the side of the road and haul 'em in.

Danl

Danl M915A1

yea maybe good cash if you don't get caugh, But steeling thats bad The guy that had the pit worked hard, when stuff got old he put it there, these guys worked 2 days and 3 knght with the old boys Loader and his dozer two trailer trucks, that how much stuff that was there. when I was ask or debrift why i didn't contact the old boy rigth off? all i could say they were useing the pit loader and dozer, it look like all was on the up and up, The really bad thing here the old boy wood get done working soon RETIRE and when he felt up to working he was going to junk the stuff for cash to have fun money, That has been taken away by slime bags and I'm feeling real bad. I was there, and to dumb to know **** was going down

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Make sure you tell the cops everything, the machines are likely still at the scrap yard but not for long. The yard will have the ID of the thief. There are usually only a few places that take scrap, and the thieves are too stupid to take it far away.

Katahdin

Danl, lets hope they stole at least $5,000 worth of scrap and took it over the border to NH. That's both a Maine felony and a Federal Interstate Commerce Crime. They'll get what they deserve, nothing to feel bad about.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks