• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dash Lights+ turn signals

Capt.Marion

Alright, not there yet, but one of the dash lights (new style) in my truck's cab is out. Is there a civilian part number for it, like a sidemarker lightbulb or something?

And also, where, besides ebay, is a good place to get SOLID STATE turn signal kits? saturnsurplus only sells the old mechanical ones like I have on my truck, and they've stopped working, unless I'm never going to turn left again....

CGarbee

You can get the bulbs at any parts store. NAPA and PepBoys tend to have 24volt ones in stock, others usually have to order them (in my area, at least). A lot of truck shops have them as well.
A listing of bulb part numbers by application is on my website and I have 12 volt versions as well for folks who have converted thier trucks.
Page with the bulb info is located at:
http://www.garbee.net/~cabell/12voltconversion.htm
The little bulb used in the newer style dash lights is the same as the one that I have listed for my turn signal indicator (my truck has the older style dash lights). Just take your bulb out of the holder and look for the number stamped on it if you are in doubt...

Turn signal parts can be had from a lot of dealers. The solid state units themselves, the switch for the column, and the wiring harness to connect the switch to the solid state flasher and to the harness on the truck, are all standard M series items. You can get them from ABLinn, Sid Beck at ACE, John Bizal at Midwest, Mark Dodd at RAPCO, etc...
I have a page on my website that talks about turn signals in M37's. See:
http://www.garbee.net/~cabell/turnsignals.htm

Good luck.

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A set of type 356 lamps will work berter than the original type 313's. Better light behind the panel where you need it. Clean the dust off your gage lense ports as well while you are at it.

dg

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It also pays from a safety/reliability perspective to upgrade to the solid state turn signal kits, as they are sealed from the elements and pre-wired, even in vehicles that were not originally intended for them. My M725 is going to be upgraded to the solid state, it had originally had the goofy hollow-state turn signal box that never seemed to work right even when new, and the non-weather proof turn signal switch with the flat sheet metal handle. My friend's 1951 M37 has also been upgraded. Plus, they can work with 12volt systems as well.

Mike_L

Dash Light Disassembly

I didn't know you could take the dash lights apart. Or is it a newer style you are talking about? I have a '54 with the original lights as best as I can tell. I've never messed with them because they work good now but can I change the bulb out in these too?

Capt.Marion

RE: Dash Light Disassembly

I have the newer style like in the Deuces. The previous-previous owner must've thrown in a new gauge set as according to my official PW + MilVeh resource, the speedo isn't the original '62 variety, either. He's probably right.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks