• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

data plate Q

rivired

so my deuce is a 65 and the data plate sez W/W and it has all the tags on the dash for pto and winch operation...

however ..unfortunately my truck doesn't have a winch ...no hole in the floor no pto ect ect the pto spot cover is rusty and old looking just like the rest and the bumper does not appear to have been switched out anytime recent...

is there a reason its not there..is there a common practice of winches being removed while in service? any info would be appriciated

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The no hole in the floor tells me that it was a winchless truck to begin with, and that someone put winch dataplates on it.. (The knock out for the PTO lever is much like knockouts on metal electrical boxes.. Once you knock them out, you cant put them back in)

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unless the cover was replaced with one from a non winch unit. Does the data plate match the frame? Post your VIN in the "You may fire when ready" post and maybe Carnac can shed some light on your truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks