• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Data Plates Arrived

Heavysteven

Just ran a track on my data plates. They arrived at my house. Can't wait tilll i get off work to install.

Plates right now have old carc tan on them and are faded. Should make the cab look new.roflAlso, replaced all the data plate screw with stainless steel hex head.

Before Photo

Attachments

Last edited:

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Always wanted to be the first to say......

I had to remove the "This thread is worthless without pics" icon!!! Darn you!!

Last edited:

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have a guy in Poland who makes up rare and hard to find data plates as I need them. Found him on egay. It takes about 3 weeks from order to delivery. He even made up machine gun pedistal mount data plates for me in brass. Prices are reasonable and service is great.

Heavysteven

I got them from Saturn surplus. The id and flame heater plates don't match. I have to put an email see if I can exchange. The shift plate is on back order. The plates I have recieved are nice.

Sorry for taking so long to post.

Last edited:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a guy in Poland who makes up rare and hard to find data plates as I need them. Found him on egay. It takes about 3 weeks from order to delivery. He even made up machine gun pedistal mount data plates for me in brass. Prices are reasonable and service is great.
Have any contact info?

Heavysteven

Update: The truck data plate M35A2 W/W and engine heater plate i ordered were wrong. I found out the hard way that you should email the vendor a picture of the specific plate you want. My bad you live you learn.

Good news, I talked with David at mvdataplates.com and have ordered the remaining plates i need from him.

So I'm in the waiting game again....some photo's of the old plates

Attachments

Last edited:
Wadaya gonna do with your old plates?? ;-)
Uh, me too was a wondering.
I am looking for old/spare data plates so that I can start offering them up for sale as well. If anyone has some they can let go for a few days I just need to scan them and then I would return them - especially the 5 tonners.
I'll pay the postage both ways.
I'll be making them from aluminum (like originals) but have the ability to make them in brass, copper, or stainless.
The finish will be in raw, polished, brushed, and engine turned.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Good! Does that mean that DK (MVDataplates) is back in action then...?

G.
I have been blowing up his email inbox and voicemail since November trying to place an order.

Not a single response.

Speedwoble

I have not had calls nor e-mails returned in the 3 months I have been trying. His voicemail fills up occasionally and then it clears out, so someone is deleting the messages. I think the voicemail message changed in the last few weeks as well.

I found another source for my M35A2 WO/W Data plate. When it arrives, I will take a picture and post the source.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks