• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dayton OH, to Ft Riley KS: Summer Road Trip

Stagg

You know how they say "Pictures or it didn't happen"? Well it hasn't happened yet :p For now this is a sanity check, to see if bringing my M35a2 home is nuts!
Inside of four days, 14july11 to 17july11 I have to:
- fly to Dayton
- Rebuild two rear wheel seals (never done that)
- Fix a leaky fuel line (Done that too many times)
- Load up all the truck related junk
- Drive (slowly) back to Ft Riley.... slowly..... slowly..... probably 2 days worth.

I wonder if it is cheaper to just re-buy one here in Kansas? If only I lived a little farther away, then I could have two trucks!

Attachments

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If we are around I'm sure Gimpy and I can help. I have a place you can work on it to get ready as well.

91W350

Not much to an axle seal.. We did mine one afternoon, toughest part was the lug nuts to get the wheels off.. If I did many, there would be a dually dolly or a pallet jack in my future. Come on out, if you need help on this end, let me know. I have three at Riley now. I did 800 miles in two days with one of mine. I think 1000 miles in two days would work. Glen

A

A/C Cages

I miss living in my old farm house in Miamisburg OH. Its not there anymore due to progress and housing development. In fact the Miamisburg High School was built on our farm property.
But I dont miss the COLD winters there at all.

Stagg

thanks

I appreciate the offer Gimp, but this one is short notice. I'm flying out this Thursday! 14 July, and will only be in town a day or two. Long enough to fix wheel seals, and load a few boxes and field desks. I plan to leave Sat. morning.

If this turns into another adventure (ie crazy stuff breaks during my "fixing") then I may really need some help. However, at this moment I have everything I need other than an extra set of hands.... or a wheel dolly.

I may be able to help a little if needed. PM me details of when this might happen.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks