• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DeLand FL Sat 11/7/15: DeLand Veterans Day Parade

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We will participate in the DeLand Veteran’s Day Parade with the DeLand Naval Air Station Museum on Saturday November 7, 2015. We are supporting the Museum, and as such we fall under their registration in the parade. We will meet at the Museum between 8-9AM, and will convoy over to the lineup. The parade route takes us through beautiful Downtown DeLand and Stetson University.

The DNAS Museum is located at 910 Biscayne Blvd, DeLand 32724
http://www.delandnavalairmuseum.org

Event Timeline:
8-9AM: meet at the DNAS Museum
9-9:30AM: convoy to parade lineup
10AM: parade starts
11AM (ish): convoy back to the Museum
11:30AM (ish): convoy to Angelina’s Pizzeria

After the parade, we will convoy back to the Museum where we will regroup and convoy to Angelina’s Pizzeria. The address is 2687 S Woodland Blvd, DeLand, FL 32720
386-736-6999
http://bestpizzaindeland.com/
It is located in the southeast corner of the West Volusia Regional Shopping Center near Liberty Tax. I attached directions from the DNAS Museum to the Pizzeria.

Please RSVP by October 23 on this thread or via PM with the make and model of MV that you’re driving. Please let me know if you plan on convoying to Angelina’s Pizzeria. I have to call the restaurant with a total head count; please let me know how many people you’re bringing in your MV.

Thank you! :)

View attachment DNAS to Angelinas Pizzeria.pdf

ODFever

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm glad you can make it, Ray. The DNAS Museum needs an idea of how large our vehicles are. I'll estimate 23' for your MV in case you bring the M915.

ODFever

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unfortunately I received word that I have to work on Saturday. I will not be able to attend the parade, and I cannot coordinate the convoy for pizza. :-( I did not make any reservations at the pizza place. Y'all are on your own if you want to head there afterwards.

For those that submitted RSVPs, please show up at the DNAS Museum between 8:30 - 9 am. Be ready to roll out when they roll out.

Someone will need to tow the Museum's 40 MM BOFORS cannon with their vehicle. All they need is a truck with a pintle. Two years ago, I hauled it with my M1009. The BOFORS is on a 4 wheeled trailer. There will be two gentlemen riding on it during the parade. Whomever tows the cannon must be conscious of the passengers. Go slow and be VERY cautious when going around corners. It has a wide turning radius, but it tracks well.

Have fun!! :)

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks